Shpatov, AlexanderPrint This Post
Alexander Shpatov was born in 1985 in Sofia. He is a graduate of the American College of Sofia and the Sofia University Law School.
Shpatov has published four short story collections:
- #LiveFromSofia, available in English and Bulgarian-language editions, published by Colibry Publishers, 2014.
- Calendar of Stories, published by Enthusiast Publishing House, 2011.
- Footnote Stories, edited by Georgi Gospodinov and published by Janet 45, 2008.
The collection was nominated for the 2008 Helicon Book of the Year Award. In 2010, Wieser Verlag published the German translation of the book under the title Fussnotengeschichten. This translation made him the youngest Bulgarian author published abroad.
- Footnotes, edited by Deyan Enev and published by Vesela Lyutzkanova Publishing House, 2005.
In 2006, Footnotes won the Best Fiction Debut Prize in the 34th Southern Spring Literary Competition.
He is also a co-scriptwriter for short films based on several of his stories and a screenwriter for the sitcom series Clinic on the Third Floor, produced by Bulgarian National Television.
Alexander Shpatov is the organizer of annual exhibitions of bookmark art; editor at www.litclub.com for the literary series Notes on the Classics; participant in the Sozopol Fiction Seminars, organized by the Elizabeth Kostova Foundation and in the British Council’s Litager Project.
- #LiveFromSofia by Alexander Shpatov, translated by Angela Rodel
- Footnote Stories by Alexander Shpatov, translated by Angela Rodel